Get ready to cast your votes
KUALA LUMPUR: Fans, get ready to vote for your favourite personalities at the inaugural Anugerah Pilihan Online (APO2016), featuring 18 awards in three categories – entertainment, sports and lifestyle.
Winners for awards like Online Choice for Best Actor, Online Choice for Favourite Sports Team and Online Choice for Favourite Social Media Celebrity will be decided by 70% online votes. The remaining 30% will be decided by a panel of judges.
APO2016 was launched by Star Media Group Bhd group managing director and chief executive officer Datuk Seri Wong Chun Wai with Dnars founder Faziani Rohban Ali and Star Media Radio Group chairman Datuk Mohd Aminuddin Mohd Rouse at a star-studded event in Zebra Square here yesterday.
The event is organised by Star Media Group’s Malay-language portal mStar and Suria FM, a radio station under the group, with Dnars as main sponsor. The results of the votes will be revealed at APO2016’s glam digital-themed awards show at Angkasapuri here on April 30. It will be telecast live on official broadcaster RTM channel TV2 at 9pm.
In his speech, Wong said organising APO2016 was a major step forward for Star Media Group.
“We can’t deny that social media has had a significant influence on our daily lives. We as media practitioners, including those on the digital platforms, should acknowledge the individuals who have made a difference on social media through a prestigious event like APO2016.”
Among the celebrities who turned up for the launching were members of rock bands Bunkface, Estranged and Caliph Buskers. Also present were actresses Atikah Suhaime and Mia Sara, Suria FM presenters Adibah Noor and Baki Zainal, singers Awi Rafael, Sufi of Akademi Fantasia, Eleena Harris and Aliff Aziz, and rapper SonaOne.
Fans can cast their votes online and check the full list of awards on apo.mstar.com.my.