- Demonstrated acts of bravery or selflessness, and voluntary services to help, save, and care for another individual or group:
- irrespective of race, religion or background
- in distress or in need of urgent assistance
- Carried out efforts that helped build bridges between different communities, promoting racial harmony and unity
- The initiatives carried out must be current:
- For one-off ‘heroic acts’ or initiatives, it must be carried out from September 2019 onwards;
- For long term initiatives, it must have been carried out and are currently ongoing.
- Includes social enterprises and organisations focused on giving back to the society or the community around them.
- Nominee must be involved in the initiative, including time, effort and ideas, and not just monetary contribution.
- For nominations supporting non-human causes such as environment and animals, the initiative and its impacts must demonstrate a clear benefit for Malaysians or for the betterment of the society it serves.
- Past winners are not eligible to be in the running for the award for a duration of three years from their year of winning the award. For the list of past winners, click here.
Star Golden Hearts Award 2020 has come to a close. For the list of winners, click here.
*All nominations are reviewed by the Award committee for eligibility and the Judges’ decision is final.